Patent Searching Services to Determine Extent of the Patent Environment
Patents are a very complex area of intellectual property law. A lack of understanding of patent law and the capability to search patents may result in the abandonment of product development projects, or even infringement and litigation. Infringement can be extremely costly, time consuming and a major distraction from core business activities, especially for smaller companies which do not have in-house patent expertise.
- EMR can assist clients to assess the patent environment of their existing and future products.
- EMR can assess whether a company is likely to infringe existing patents.
- EMR can determine the patent expiry dates of potential new products, thereby helping clients to avoid future infringement.
- EMR, with its extensive knowledge of agrochemicals, understands the implications of intellectual property rights with respect to mixture products, new formulations, single isomers etc. and can search for patents in these areas.
- EMR can provide a Pan-European search facility to determine the existence and expiry dates of Supplementary Protection Certificates (SPCs).
Our multi-client reports have identified the patent expiry dates of over 150 active ingredients in order to identify the next generation of generic agrochemicals.
“Enigma's series of reports on 'New Off-Patent/Generic Agrochemicals' have been of great value in identifying our future new products in the growing off-patent sector”André Schreuder, Managing Director, Villa Crop Protection (Pty) Ltd.