Patent Searching Services to Determine Extent of the Patent Environment
Patents are a very complex area of intellectual property law. A lack of understanding of patent law and the capability to search patents may result in the abandonment of product development projects, or even infringement and litigation. Infringement can be extremely costly, time consuming and a major distraction from core business activities, especially for smaller companies which do not have in-house patent expertise.
- EMR assists clients to assess the patent environment of their existing and future product portfolios.
- EMR can assess whether a company is likely to infringe existing patents.
- EMR determines patent expiry dates of potential new products helping clients to avoid infringement.
- EMR, with its extensive knowledge of agrochemicals, understands the implications of intellectual property rights with respect to mixture products, new formulations, single isomers etc. and can search for patents in these areas.
- EMR provides a Pan-European search facility to determine the existence and expiry dates of Supplementary Protection Certificates (SPCs).
Our multi-client reports have identified the patent expiry dates of 230 active ingredients identifying the next generation of generic agrochemicals.